CHECK OUT BLIZZARD BEACH!
Blizzard Beach is Disney’s second water park and the most innovative water park that Disney has to offer. Blizzard Beach is themed after a freak snow storm came rushing through Florida. Then brilliant inventors decided to open a ski resort. The snow didn’t last long so the project was scrapped. But before they completely tore it down, an alligator was seen barreling down one of the flumes. This sparked an idea to the inventors to open a water park. The alligator was then named Ice gator. This alligator soon became the icon of Blizzard Beach.
Disney World’s Blizzard Beach
Suggested tips from the Walt Disney World Resort:
- Don’t forget your sunscreen
- Some of the rides and slides (including) Summit Plummet require riders to be at least 48 inches in height
- Study a map of the park prior to your arrival to become familiar with the location of the attractions that interest you most
- Swim attire with rivets, buckles, or exposed metal is not permitted on the attractions
- Lockers, towels, life vests are available for rent (at Snowless Joe’s)
- Lounge chairs are only available on a first come, first serve basis
- Alcoholic beverages or glass containers are prohibited
- Parking and inner tube usage are included with admission into the park
- The ground will get hot, protect your feet and bring sandals or water shoes
- During the busy summer months, the best time to visit is after 3 pm